List and explain Cialdini's 6 principles of compliance tactics.

List and explain Cialdini's 6 principles of compliance tactics.



How do we get people to do what we want them to do? Robert Cialdini asked this question and, in the true sense of adventure, took a variety of different jobs to try to understand how salespeople convinced us to do and buy things that we would otherwise never have done. Cialdini identified a core set of principles employed by marketers and salespeople to gain our compliance.

Cialdini's six principles of compliance

1. Commitment and Consistency: once we commit to something we want to stick with that commitment

2. Scarcity: we are more attracted to things if they are scarce, either in terms of how long they will be available, or in terms of how many there are.

3. Reciprocity: if someone does something nice for us we want to do something nice for them

4.Social proof: when I am trying to decide what to do, I look to others in the same situation to see what they are doing.

5. Liking: I am more likely to buy something from someone I like that from someone I do not like

6. Authority: we trust authority when making our decisions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agile Method Advantages and Disadvantages